Monday 8 April 2013

BYE BYE MUMBAI...


I planned on writing on this blog a long tym back itself but i kept on procrastinating it for reasons i don't know (i think ...Im a lil scared wen it comes to "writing") :P 

Life outside Mumbai is totally different and i dint expect that il hav to face the outside world ol by myself .
It came to me ol of a sudden on one fine night...my parents cal me wen im out in Hyderabad for my training, and say (with happy voices) "U got ur posting in Hyderabad!!! yay!! " and i was like "WHAT CRAP!!" 

Just the thought of not having my family n friends around freaked me out! And the weirdest part is that All my life i have been praying for this-"To live by myself"...I should hav prayed a lil differently-"Live away from my parents with my friends ;)"

But now wen i start thinking about it...i realize that i got to learn a lott because of this change in place....
I searched a room for myself, go out grocery shopping, traveled by auto,cab,train,flight all alone for long distances, manage my money, make friends with random strangers out of need!! etc etc!!... it might seem "so whats der in that" to some of u bt to me they r smthng i hav never done before...

So far my stay( or in my words "survival") here has been just "good"...good because i was imagining worse n not great because nuthng awesome has happened yet and i miss my friends n family a lott( im home sick!!).

Hoping and waiting for the "awesome" to happen..i take my leave
Will keep u guys updated :P
Adios Amigos!

3 comments:

Kavitha @ Foodomania said...

** I should hav prayed a lil differently... "Live away from my parents with my friends ;)" **


Smartest thing you've ever said Shammi!! :D

Swati Padmanabhan said...

Shammi- Aap dude ho! :D

$neha said...

Wohoo! way to go girl! i can totally understand trials and tribulations of living alone and discovering things and being proud of it :D :D